RIVERSTONE SOLAR PROJECT PROFILE
Apex Clean Energy of Charlottesville, Virginia, is developing Riverstone Solar, an up to 150 MW facility that is expected to generate enough energy to power up to 29,000 homes per year. Situated in Buckingham County, adjacent to existing transmission lines on remote private land, the location is highly suitable for a solar energy project.
A Clean Economic Opportunity for Buckingham County
Riverstone Solar offers a new source of economic development with long-term local and state tax revenue for schools, government services, and public infrastructure. The power from Riverstone Solar will be delivered into the local Virginia electrical grid, helping to diversify Virginia's energy portfolio. Solar power is one of the most cost-effective sources of electricity available today, and its ability to generate power at peak times helps reduce electricity costs for all consumers. In addition to creating direct and indirect jobs during construction and operations, Riverstone Solar will create opportunities for companies seeking to open new locations in areas with access to renewable power to expand into Buckingham County.
Local Economic Benefits
• Enough power for about 29,000 U.S. homes (150 MW)
• Will bring part-time and full-time jobs to the community during construction and operations phases
• Taxpayers are protected against decommissioning costs
• Existing high-voltage power lines limit the need for new infrastructure
• Low panel height limits visibility to neighbors and nearby roads